Sunday, January 25, 2009

Is that the retail model to grow in recession time?

I studied this concept a couple of years back when I heard of Cash Converters at the Paris Franchise Expo. I visited one of their stores but they didn't buy what I wanted to sell and they were selling really old junk which I didn't want to purchase - and the store was far from Paris. I would also fear the internet competition like Ebay. That might explain why they launched an ebay style website. So I don't know how good of a retail business it is. Maybe it is for the broke who don't even have an internet access?

The following video is on CEX, a European competitor since 1992 (who also has an Ebay look alike website - does Ebay need to go brick and motar when all these other companies are taking advantage of their physical presence to go online?):